Friday, June 20, 2008

OUCH!!!


This week LaeLoni hurt her finger. I wish I had taken a picture of it. She has one on her phone, but I don't think she put it on the computer here. (she sent it to her email). She tried to hit Robert when they were both acting like 5 year olds. Instead, she hit the door knob. Her middle finger was swelled up, and eventually the entire underside of it turned blue. She hurt for a couple of days. Anyway, the bruise is so light now that it wouldn't show up in a photo. LaeLoni is a real klutz and it served her right for trying to hit someone else, right? Right!


Now then, I am a different story. I think I must have felt left out in the pain department. I wanted to keep LaeLoni company, but I waited too long to do so. If ever you have wondered why Sadie May is so uncoordinated, you need only look as far as her dad, Robert. If you wonder about him, look at his mother. Oh, wait now that's me. Me a klutz? No way! Just because I walk into walls, have two left feet, trip over shadows, and cannot chew gum as I walk does not mean I am an uncoordinated klutz. I just have occasional accidents.


Last night, while retrieving a diet A&W root beer from the refrigerator, I knocked over a big bottle of cranberry juice. Unfortunately, I caught said juice bottle. Unfortunately you ask? Yes, because I had a little accident. The refrigerator jumped out and hit me very hard on the end of the finger. I didn't know it was alive and had the ability to smack anyone. It smarted, I stuck my finger in my mouth, calmly explained to Loni that I decided to join her in her quest to harm her finger, and hurt mine too. She didn't get the drift though because she is uneducated and doesn't understand "finger in the mouth speech."


I can't use my finger because it's (nearly 24 hours later) numb yet painful, and the nail is damaged etc. That doggone fridge hit it really, really hard. I could have cursed, but I did not. I whined instead, and then I iced it. It felt much better.


Loni damaged Middle Man, and I damaged Pointer. Last week, I damaged Thumbkin by stabbing him with a trimming scrapbook razor. Now then who would like to go next? We still need someone to damage Ring Man and Pinkie. Do I have any offers? I DO NOT intend to take those on myself. I'm done. So, on that note, I shall say a fond TTFN!

1 comment:

Luana said...

That's what you get for being a finger "pointer".