
For some reason, this Christmas holiday isn't as much fun as it could be. The time has been passing to quickly, and the weather was way too warm. However, that has since changed. It got very cold almost overnight. I am somewhat acclimated now, but at first I was just freezing. I honestly didn't mind it that much though. When it's so cold, it just feels so good to go to bed at night and snuggle under warm blankets.
Anyway, it is more Christmasy here now. If only my mind would find that Christmas Spirit, all would be wonderful and exciting. Although others here don't believe me, I don't intend to buy and create Christmas gifts all through the year any longer. It's too hard on me. If the piles of gifts are going to cause me more anxiety and feelings of being overwhelmed and crowded, then it just isn't worth it. And, I do wonder if that is part of the reason for my lack of enjoyment this year.
I have said this same thing for the last couple of years too, so those who have heard it before don't believe me. It's the story of the boy who cried wolf. I cried wolf once too often. But, now it is in black and white here for all the world of bloggers to read. I do not want to collect hordes of gifts all through the year anymore. It drives me crazy. I plan to do Christmas during the season instead. If, during the year I get an urge to create, I will, but no more buying of gifts until the holiday season. I am looking forward to being able to use my closet as well as the underside of my bed for something other than Christmas gifts. Everyone may end up with a little less, but I will have nearly a year to think about what they need most or what might be special.
So, now then for all of you reading this, since I have cried wolf before, you will just have to wait and see if I follow through. But, this time at least I know I will be doing as I say rather than the opposite. Time will prove that to all of you. That's all I can say.
Luana has put family poetry on her blog as well as lots of Christmasy photos. I am going to put a couple of photos of our snow here. At least all can see that finally it's beginning to look and feel more like Christmas here. Walking on or driving on icy roads is difficult, but snow is really pretty. It adds a very necessary and beautiful ingredient to the Christmas Season. Hey school will end for a short time the end of the week. Kids need to go skiing, snowboarding, and sledding. It'll be Christmas holiday. Snow is a big part of that. Welcome Christmas. TTFN

4 comments:
Stop being a bahumbug! You cant stop traditions that my children have grown to love. If you dont want to shop all year then put so much money away each month into a Christmas fund like miss sue did.
I'm not a bah humbug, but I really also cannot afford to keep doing so much. It has gotten so much more expensive, and I have to do without some things in order to do SO MUCH for everyone. Do you even realize just how many people I do Christmas for?Since we are doing for each other this year (all my bros and sisters), I do something for kristi too---25 people all together. 10 are kids who expect a lot too. Wait, I also did something for Jason this year---26, no 27---Sherre' too. Now then, think about the fact that everything gets more expensive as kids get older (things they might like) etc. Think about how much moolah I am made of too. For the kids alone, there are about 60 gifts this year. Top that with the little things I decorate their packages with, and you get an idea. Now then, call me a bah humbug again. Especially call me a bah humbug when I have over a hundered gifts sitting in my small room. I run out of room. I run out of money. So, BAH HUMBUG TO YOU!! I will be setting aside cash for Christmas, but it won't be what anyone is used to because I get a lot of sale items during the year. Nobody will do without thoug so biteth moi!
If you are having anxiety and stress over gifts, then you are giving too much and that is not what Christmas is about. Whatever happened to "a few" gifts each. We have all gone way way overboard and our focus has been too much on lots of gifts rather than a few special gifts given with love and received with much appreciation. That is why each of you, other than Erin, only got a "few" gifts from me this year. I don't go overboard with the grandbabies either. This year they get a crocheted blanket, paper dolls, and 2 movies. My kids get one or two small gifts and money. Evan is only getting a video this year (he bought a boat earlier and that is his Christmas).
Sandra, you are buying for way too many people. You need to cut alot of it out, or just a small simple gift for many of them. I can't imagine trying to get gifts for so many people. You are nuts....nuts I tell you.
I do get for a lot of people. Melissa, Mike, and her 4, Marie and her 4, Tim, Rob, Dana (a bit),and their 2, mom, Kris, you, Evan, Rick, Grace, jeff, Deb, Erin, Sherre (not much) and Kristi (even less), as well as Jason (a little). I cannot cut anyone out. I won't. But, I do need to do less for some of them. My stress is caused because there always ends up being too much in my room finally. It's a mess, and a lot to wrap. Ick! I do get a lot of really good deals.Some gifts are also smaller ( money wise) than what you might think. I also realize that I have overdone for my 10 grandkids. However, this year, I didn't get a whole lot for brothers and sisters either.Anyway, I don't want to have so much in my room anymore. I also want to do more of the homemade type gifts, and I want to start cutting back with the kids/grandkids and get them to the point where they are not so overspoiled by me. Not only that, but I would like to add Mike's family to my list too. It doesn't feel right not having gotten his kids/grandkids anything. But, I do get more satisfaction out of the unique things I can give---like paperdolls/other homemade gifts that have some meaning, and that people (especially the kids) will remember.
And you are right Lu, Christmas isn't about overgiving, or stress cause of a mess. So, I won't be buying all year long. I may make some things because I have to create. It's just a part of me. So, there may be a bit of build up in that respect. As for anything bought, I will be doing that during the holiday season. It'll be much more fun for me that way. And, I will have real ideas in mind by then. However, I am not feeling little christmas Spirit because of gifts. I just have depression problems even during the holidays. They come and go too fast for me. This year too, I was behind in everything cause of the two months of being sick. that did not help. Neither did the past weather help. TTFN
Post a Comment