
For those of you who don't know it, me madre is sick with a super, nasty cold. Yesterday she felt like real crap. Colds affect the elderly much worse than they do some of the rest of us. Maybe, that's not totally correct. The one I caught in August lasted me forever and a day it seemed. It has also left some permanent damage I believe. My ribs are still affected. I am assuming they may continue to be for a long, long time.
I have been doing all that I can to avoid catching the virus mom is carrying around. So has Kris. We DO NOT WANT a Merry Christmas cold! That is just sick and wrong. Anyway, we continue to monitor mom's condition to the best of our ability. If she worsens, she will take an ambulance trip. The three of us agreed on that one. But, so far, so good. Her oxygen levels are still okay. I checked her hands a few minutes ago, unbeknownst to her.
The other thing some of you don't know is that last Sunday, Robert was involved in an accident on his way to work. He was a passenger, not the driver. He remembers very little about it because with the truck flipping over, he received a serious concussion. He did go back in yesterday because several people pushed him into returning. His symptoms are apparently normal for such an injury. He has what feels like a continual migraine, he gets severely dizzy (scared Sadie May last night), and his memory is affected. Sadie has offered to teach him how to tie shoes. He cannot remember how to do that simple task etc. He also gets very confused. So, it is affecting his job too. That scares him because he does know that eventually it could cause Walmart to let him go. That worries me too. But, he gets confused at work, he vomits there, he forgets how to rotate products etc. He has been sent home more than once so far.
Anyway, these are not good things to happen anytime, but even less so at Christmas. It makes for a less than jolly holiday. Sometimes life just"ain't fair." I will still continue to watch Christmas movies, listen to my lovely music, and be happy that we are having snow for the holiday though. I am keeping a positive outlook....as positive as I am capable of keeping. So, Merry Christmas and safe driving in the lovely snow! TTFN

1 comment:
Well, all I have to say is, What about me? What about me mom? Why cant you discuss my tragidies, like how I poop all the time and how my heart skips a beat, you know when my hubby walks into my room. Merry Christmas. Jk, anywho hope my brother and my grandmother get better
Post a Comment