Wednesday, October 1, 2008

America's Got Talent


I don't plan to watch this show next year. I don't intend on having the person I think has done the best job lose out. Eli Mattson lost by less than 1/2 of 1%. However, he did not lose out to either of the two I thought he might lose out to.
Queen Emily came in fifth place, Donald Braswell was fourth, Nuttin But Stringz was third. The winner was Neal Boyd who sings opera. I thought he was really good, but I honestly don't believe he is Las Vegas material. How many people go to Vegas to watch an Opera Star?
I really want to get hold of some Eli Mattson music. I loved listening to his voice as well as his incredible piano playing. Maybe he will be offered a record deal. Maybe he won't. Another guy I thought would get a deal, didn't. So, if Eli doesn't either, then I will have only what I recorded via my camera (pointing at the computer)...not so great.

I'm sorry, if I had big money, I would not pay to see Neal perform. I appreciate opera, but it just isn't my choice for entertainment. I would pay to see Nuttin But Stringz. but, I would pay even more to see Eli in person.

Luana, you quit watching American Idol after things happened you thought were messed up. It's the same for me. I won't, and I really mean it, watch America's Got Talent again. This year I actually voted. That is very unusual for me. But, I truly am in love with Eli's music. And, I don't plan to watch any other superior act lose out again. I feel sorry for that young man. He deserved to win. I hope he is offered a contract somewhere and soon. TTFN
I have added a photo of the one who should have won----ELI MATTSON

2 comments:

Luana said...

He most likely will get a contract. He lost by such a teeny tiny margin. Just like with American Idol, some of the people who did not win have become bigger stars than some of those who did. I can think of two girls who came in somewhere around sixth place who are doing amazingly better than the winners of the year that they competed. Clay Aiken came in 2nd his year and he is a much bigger star than the guy who won. In fact I never hear of the guy who won that year and he was very good, just not as marketable and good as Clay. So there is great hope for your Eli. I am sure you will have some of his music available to you in time. It really sucks, doesn't it, when the person you really really like doesn't make it? I will watch American Idol again this year but if the same thing happens again, I will definitely turn it off for the rest of the season.

Kris Jones said...

I too was very surprised and shocked at the outcome. I thought either Queen Emily, Eli, or Nuttin but Strings would be the winner. I just couldn't believe that Neal E Boyd won. It truly amazed me that an opera singer won this. He was very,very good but who puts an opera singer in Vegas? Thats a silly question, its very obvious that American voters did.